BOOK OF DAD T&Cs
BOOK OF DAD COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The promoter Serenitas Management Pty Ltd ABN 96 623 197 688 of Lvl 4, 28 O’Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000 (Promoter).
3) This promotion period commences at 12:00am on 1 June 2022 and ends 11.59pm on 6 July 2022. Winners have to submit their entry at nlv.com.au/bookofdad or submit their form to the Village Manager before 11.59pm on 6 July 2022 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open to citizens and permanent residents Australia who are 18 years or older and are a homeowner at a Serenitas owned Lifestyle Community (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter.
5) To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period submit an entry form with complete contact details and one category response to nlv.com.au/bookofdad or submit their form to the Village Manager. Categories include: Dad Jokes, Dad in the Dog House, Tips & Tricks, A Trip Down Memory Lane, DIY Hacks and Holiday & Adventure.
6) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
7) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
8) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of entries
9) Entries will be judged based on the most creative submission.
10) Judging will take place at 10am on 8 July at the office of Serenitas Management Pty Ltd of Lvl 4, 28 O’Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000 and will be conducted by the Promoter.
11) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining the winning the prize.
12) There will be a total of three prizes, The maximum total prize pool value is $300. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
13) There will be three prizes of $100 Bunnings voucher to be given.
14) The prize includes GST and all taxes payable.
15) Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person unless agreed to by the Promoter.
16) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
17) The winner will be notified by phone or email by the 13th July 2022.
Right of the Promoter to rejudge
18) The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed by 31 July 2022, a replacement winner will be picked on 1 August 2022 at Lvl 4, 28 O’Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone or email by 2 August 2014.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
19) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
20) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
21) The exclusion of liability in clause 21 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions and any exclusions contained therein apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
22) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities.
Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at nlv.com.au/privacy-policy/.
23) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.